Tuesday 09/08/05

Find that I do not have WAP (Internet) access on my mobile. Virgin Mobile is obviously not interested in my custom. Watch the Space Shuttle land safely in California at 12.12 GMT. It's a warm, muggy day outside, in complete contrast to the forecast, which had predicted rain. In the morning, one of Mrs B's relatives calls in for a cuppa and a yarn. As soon as I've updated the journal for last year, I'll adjust the page counter in my handwritten journal. It stands at 417 at the moment, but it'll probably be 220 pages more once I've finished the entries up to October 7th. A two-master windjammer leaves SY at 12.30. We have an elderly couple staying. The husband is originally from Point, and has many a story from his younger days. His family had to relocate from Port Mholair to Marybank after TB killed one of his siblings in the 1930s.

No comments: