Sunday 11/09/05

Today dawns overcast but dry and every now and again the sun peeps through. Four years ago today, the New York WTC was destroyed in a terrorist attack, claiming 2,749 lives. Now, the US is still reeling from the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Heard on Countryfile that someone is in the process of updating the famous Alfred Wainwright pictorial guides to the Lakeland Fells. Written between 1955 and 1991, they are now out of date. Using GPS technology,one man has made it his life's work to update the guides. During the afternoon, I manage to rig the keyboard up to the PC. After downloading the required software I am able to play back what I put in. Not very good, a computer is merciless. Good exercise in itself. Mrs B serves me a very good evening meal, which fills me up quite adequately.

No comments: