Wednesday 04/05/05

Today a film is being shot at Dalmore beach, and extras are required. Isles FM has broadcast and appeal, so I’m being decked out smartly and warm by Mrs B. I duly set off at 12.45, in order to offer my services which, on arrival at Dalmore, are not required. They are just finishing filming with the last set of volunteers. I take up a frontrow position on a dune overlooking the beach. I can’t help but smile when I notice that the tide is coming in, steadily narrowing the beach. One person definitely came away with wet feet. At 2.40, I set off for the short walk over the hills to Dalbeg. The weather is turning wet and miserable. The view from the pass between the two hamlets is restricted on account of mist and rain. Loch na Muilne is about as far as it’ll go. Wait for the bus at the top of the road, trying to shelter from the cold westerly wind. The schoolbus turns up at 4 o’clock. It picks up a load of kids from Shawbost school and delivers them around the villages before returning to SY at 5pm. In the evening, a Dutchman comes to stay, so that made for interesting convo, in my native tongue!

No comments: