Saturday 05/03/05

Headed up to Ness at lunchtime, to do what I initially intended to do on Monday. Bus had to stop at Barvas, as one of the passengers was travelsick. He left his breakfast on the pavement. Got off at Skigersta, the start of the trail to Tolsta. As it is already 1pm, I cannot walk all the way there, it'll take me about 5 hours. I head down the trail, which gets ever worse. Have another look round the minihouses at Cuidhsiadar. People from Ness come here in the summer to tend to some cattle. Nobody here today, except an old van on which no roadtax had been paid since December 2003. I proceed further south to the next group of houses at Filiscleitir, within sight of the ruined chapel on the promontory. Further south, the long valley stretches out towards Dibidail. Two miles of bog, I happen to know. I return north to Skigersta at 3.30, after a few breaks off the trail. The bus comes at 3.52, to bring me back to town in just under an hour. The evenings draw out nicely now, sunset after 6pm.

No comments: